I am back in writing an article about love and relationship.
From Bali with love, I am ready to face my computer and tap the keyboard again.
Thank you to all my followers and readers who are following my blog. I wholeheartedly extend my thanks to my special guests who gave me permission to feature their love message and photos on this article.
When you are with the “One”, you feel happy, contented, secured, and loved. How do you strengthen your relationship whether in a long distance or even you are together?
Two different world and culture met in one place with same belief and main goal. If you were destined to be in one’s arm and the flame of love really strikes, it is easy to say “Yes, I do.”
The couple is like a sculptor in the construction and shaping of their marriage. The couple can likewise recreate, re-frame, or renew a relationship, but it is a difficult venture. The sculpting is compounded in marriage because there are two persons with two different perceptions of the relationship.
There are two sets of needs to be considered and two sets of expectations which are involved. It is possible for two people of good will to discuss their future possibilities together, and to reconcile differences that arise. It is also possible for a couple to realize a greater amount of their marriage potential.
Marriage ought to foster the growth of authentic love between man and woman. This love should evolve as a mixture of greater humanness between the partners (also called friendship) and a meaningful sexual relationship, based on respect, trust and compassion. This deep and meaningful love is devoted to the welfare of each other. (source: http://strongermarriage.org/htm/married/strengthening-the-couple-relationship/)
Components of satisfying marriage.
- TRUST- built on mutual respect and acceptance of differences.
- COMMITMENT- you commit yourself and take responsibility
- SKILLS- both partners be skillful at understanding others, expressing needs, listening to each other, wise decision making, negotiating and managing conflicts and having meaningful communication. Both partners should also know their responsibility like in household chores and parenting.
- CARING- being supportive of each individual’s growth and personal interest. Caring for relationship.
5. RECIPROCITY- helping each other to fulfill individual roles. Exchanging positive rewards.
- EFFORT- in any relationship, effort is part of it. Taking time to work on your marriage.
- EXPECTATIONS- try to be realistic. Don’t try to change your partner just to meet your expectation.
“Let there be spaces in your togetherness, and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping. For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, and the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.”- Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet